FORWARD TOGETHER AMBASSADORS
Taking a step forward to make a difference.
The Role of Volunteer Ambassadors
We need all of us working together to reach our educational attainment goal. Minnesota’s volunteer Forward Together Ambassadors play a key role in spreading the word about educational opportunities for adults ages 25-44.
What is a Forward Together Ambassador?
Ideal ambassadors will have ties to family, neighbors, coworkers, and community members who are interested in furthering their education. Ambassadors will use these ties to help and support others achieve their postsecondary goals.
They are not required to be experts in the fields of adult education or higher education. Neither are they expected to have all the answers. Instead, they are catalysts who open the door to a conversation and provide ongoing support to adults who are interested in taking the next step toward furthering their education. They hit their outreach goals and adhere to the reporting guidelines established during their training.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact?
Successful ambassadors share the following characteristics:
- They are familiar with and support Minnesota’s educational attainment goal.
- They are passionate about the role higher education can play in bettering the lives of Minnesotans, especially those from historically marginalized and underserved racial-ethnic groups.
- They understand that Minnesota’s most well-paying and in-demand jobs increasingly require postsecondary education.
- They recognize that a skilled workforce is the key to economic mobility and prosperity for Minnesotans and Minnesota businesses.
- They understand the challenges and opportunities of adult degree and credential completion, especially for adults with no postsecondary experience.
- They enjoy giving public presentations and talking with people one-on-one.
- They’re not afraid to challenge, inspire, and hold people accountable.
- They’re organized, good with logistics, and consistent with follow-through.
- They’re committed to setting and achieving their goals and reporting their progress.
What Do Forward Together Ambassadors Do?
Forward Together Ambassadors engage in the following tasks:
- Identify potential adult learners.
- Talk to potential adult learners about the benefits of furthering their education.
- Refer potential adult learners to the resource most appropriate to their educational and
- career goals.
- Invite other people to serve as Forward Together Ambassadors.
Sign up to become an ambassador
Ready to get involved? Sign up here.
share your drive
Do you know someone who would be interested in becoming a Forward Together Ambassador? Do not hesitate to reach out to friends, colleagues, and family. We appreciate and believe in community power to get us ahead.
Download and share our flyer or simply share this page.